Impassioned…Emboldened…Infinitely Curious: The Bradford Exchange, part of The Bradford Hammacher Group family of brands, is a world leader in new product development. We have been selling joy for the last 50 years! Our global organization consists of 10 business divisions ranging from jewelry, apparel, collectible coins, home decor to holiday and so much more. We concept, create, design and market our creative products directly to our customers, and leverage licenses with the biggest names in entertainment and sports to bring unique and curated products to our customers across the globe.
We're currently seeking a Marketing Manager-Search who will be responsible for the strategic marketing analysis, optimization, and execution of paid search campaigns across Bradford’s network of eCommerce sites (www.bradfordexchange.com, www.ashtondrake.com, www.hamiltoncollection.com and www.bradfordexchange.ca) against A/S and sales goals. Will also oversee the management of Bradford’s Marketplace (Amazon and eBay) channel and contribute to sales growth. Will be responsible for training others, heading search & cross-functional team projects/meetings, presenting to senior management. Will supervise 1-2 Marketing Associates and/or Marketing Specialists. Could also manage team intern(s), temporary help, or cross-corp apprentice based on team resources.
How you will contribute:
- Develop, analyze, create, and optimize large complex paid search marketing campaigns against sales and A/S goals and identify profitable expansion opportunities. This role will also lead the planning of holiday promotions, communicate with our internal division contacts, and manage relationships with our vendor partners.
- Oversee the management of the Marketplace (Amazon / eBay) channel. Address and resolve urgent issues like performance notifications and suspensions. Buildout, manage, and optimize Sponsored Product Ad campaigns. Collaborate with Bradford’s Marketing, Customer Service, Order Processing, Creative, and IT Teams to maximize results. Discover tools to improve operational efficiency, testing opportunities, and new platform or other areas of expansion.
- Create analytical reports pertaining to campaign performance, provide recommendations to achieve strategic goals against KPIs, and present to senior management and cross-functional groups. Assist with quarterly reporting and slide preparation.
- Research paid search and marketplace trends and advancements within the industry to identify new betas and testing opportunities to present to team. Responsible for project management and maintenance of test schedules to ensure that tests are completed by set deadlines.
- Manage direct reports to manage all the responsibilities. Plans and organizes department tasks. Plans, assigns, checks, and approves work. Conducts performance evaluations and makes recommendations regarding unsatisfactory employees. Makes recommendations on hiring, salary adjustments, and promotions.
- Works with temporary agency in obtaining temporary staff and report on performance and attendance issues. Instructs and trains in methods and procedures. Share digital media channel expertise and train employees on daily processes, construction of reports, implementation of campaign launches, and best practices for decision-making pertaining adjustments of marketing campaigns.
- Perform monthly accounting reconciliations. Assist with development of budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of the overall channel performance. Participate in all management and leadership coaching programs provided by Bradford, in addition to working closely with direct manager, and seeking outside opportunities to further skills & education.
What you will bring and skills that excite us:
- 4-6 years’ experience.
- 2+ years’ experience as an Assistant Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Specialist, or similar role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of managed digital media channel.
- Review and effectively optimized assigned digital marketing campaigns against A/S targets.
- Work independently on assigned tasks with excellent attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines with little involvement from manager.
- Plan and collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve shared strategic goals against set deadlines.
- Train direct reports on team processes, reporting, platforms & interfaces of paid search partners, and implementation of campaign launches.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as demonstrated through past presentations, meetings, and email correspondence across various levels of the company.
- Demonstrated an ability to effectively lead and supervise a team as evidenced by role as an Assistant Marketing Manager.
- Ability to further enhance management and leadership skills through participation in coaching programs provided by Bradford, working closely with direct manager, and seeking outside opportunities to further skills & education.
- Develop knowledge regarding budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of the overall channel performance.
- Desire to diversify skillset to learn other platforms that help drive overall business.
BHG at a glance:
- Our scale: We have over 500 employees based out of our global headquarters right outside of Chicago, we have marketing operations in over 10 countries worldwide, and have over 32 million customers served.
- Compensation and benefits: We offer a competitive compensation plan and great benefits, with some benefits starting from day 1!
- We own the company: BHG is Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Hammacher Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
- Professional Development: There is always room to learn! We offer a Professional Development Program, a Mentor Program, and LinkedIn Learning to our teams as well as additional hands-on training and development. Our teams utilize a continuous performance management and development structure for feedback, no dreaded annual reviews. We meet quarterly to focus on the future!
- Our values: Honesty. Innovation. Respect. Teamwork. Giving back. These are just some of the core values that drive our team members. Our team strives to build a culture of continuous feedback where anyone can share and create our “next big idea,” among diverse and inclusive teams.
- Flexibility and wellness: Whether it’s offering hybrid environment (onsite/remote) for our corporate staff, to a generous, front-loaded PTO and holiday package to all staff and corporate wellness initiatives like WW, an annual health fair and an onsite gym, we are committed to our team members well-being. New hires start with 16 days of PTO and 8 paid holidays per year.
- Perks and more: We have a Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria, Onsite Fitness Center, Corporate WW and Toastmaster’s memberships, a Peer Recognition Program, Product Discounts and more!
The Bradford Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer.