Impassioned…Emboldened…Infinitely Curious: The Bradford Exchange, part of The Bradford Hammacher Group family of brands, is a world leader in new product development. We have been selling joy for the last 50 years! Our global organization consists of 10 business divisions ranging from jewelry, apparel, collectible coins, home decor to holiday and so much more. We concept, create, design and market our creative products directly to our customers, and leverage licenses with the biggest names in entertainment and sports to bring unique and curated products to our customers across the globe.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager II who will be responsible for managing the delivery of solutions that support organizational goals and requirements. Oversees all aspects of projects. Works with business partners and development team to define and document business and technical requirements. Develops comprehensive work breakdown structure and work plan to encompass the entire project initiative on both technical and business tracks. Conducts project related meetings. Tracks and reports progress against plan. Leads and directs the work of others in both direct and in-direct reporting relationships. Monitors and updates resource allocation needs to ensure coverage on project tasks. Works with PMO Manager and peers to continuously mature the project management discipline. May be required to oversee and/or manage the work of external vendors. Responsible for controlling costs
How you will contribute:
- Conducts project related meetings.
- Tracks and reports progress against plan.
- Leads and directs the work of others in both direct and in-direct reporting relationships.
- Monitors and updates resource allocations to ensure proper coverage on project tasks.
- Provides project management mentoring to other department members and business partners.
- Reviews plans of Jr. team members to ensure they adequately address project requirements.
- May be required to oversee and/or manage the work of external vendors.
- Responsible for controlling costs where applicable.
Business Relationship Management
- Works with SQA team to ensure test plans adequately address project requirements.
- Works with PMO Manager and peers to continuously mature the project management discipline.
What you will bring and skills that excite us:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in an IT position, focused on project management and / or solution development.
- Proven experience in project management, systems development life cycle, and business process management.
- Relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated skill in risk management and issue resolution.
- Ability to direct others in a non-reporting relationship.
- Strong SAP experience, preferred Projects related to financial systems, preferred.
BHG at a glance:
- Our scale: We have over 500 employees based out of our global headquarters right outside of Chicago, we have marketing operations in over 10 countries worldwide, and have over 32 million customers served.
- Compensation and benefits: We offer a competitive compensation plan and great benefits, with some benefits starting from day 1!
- We own the company: BHG is Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Hammacher Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
- Professional Development: There is always room to learn! We offer a Professional Development Program, a Mentor Program, and LinkedIn Learning to our teams as well as additional hands-on training and development. Our teams utilize a continuous performance management and development structure for feedback, no dreaded annual reviews. We meet quarterly to focus on the future!
- Our values: Honesty. Innovation. Respect. Teamwork. Giving back. These are just some of the core values that drive our team members. Our team strives to build a culture of continuous feedback where anyone can share and create our “next big idea,” among diverse and inclusive teams.
- Flexibility and wellness: Whether it’s offering hybrid environment (onsite/remote) for our corporate staff, to a generous, front-loaded PTO and holiday package to all staff and corporate wellness initiatives like WW, an annual health fair and an onsite gym, we are committed to our team members well-being. New hires start with 16 days of PTO and 8 paid holidays per year.
- Perks and more: We have a Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Tuition Reimbursement, Onsite Cafeteria with complimentary lunch, Onsite Fitness Center, Corporate WW and Toastmaster’s memberships, a Peer Recognition Program, Product Discounts and more!
The Bradford Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer.